Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! 30 Days to be Thankful

Okay, Okay I know I have been slacking on this 30 days to be Thankful post but this really sums it up...I am so thankful for my God, my sweet boyfriend, my precious daughter, my sweet Sissy and my absolutely great family. Thankful for my friends that are like my family...for my health and my healthy family. Thankful for everything BIG and small in my life....God has truly blessed me more than words can say. Glory be to God!

Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll! I hope we all including myself enjoy this precious time with our loved ones. Life can be so chaotic and hectic so take time to enjoy the company, eat slow so you can eat more and savor every bite, take time to give lots of hugs and kisses, mingle and talk and don't forget take tons of pictures.... 

  

Count your blessings instead of your crosses;
Count your gains instead of your losses.
Count your joys instead of your woes;
Count your friends instead of your foes.
Count your smiles instead of your tears;
Count your courage instead of your fears.
Count your full years instead of your lean;
Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.
Count your health instead of your wealth;
Count on God instead of yourself.


Happy Thanksgiving! 





Day 1: My parents whom I love to death, and so thankful I live so close to them. Seeing them interact with Aubrey is the best feeling ever!

Day 2: My baby girl, who completes me and baby daddy because without him I wouldn't have her, hehe! love yall. I thank God for them every single day....



Day 3: God, how can I not be thankful for the best gift ever given to me "my salvation". I would be so lost without Him. I am thankful for his glory, the grace and joy He fills in me. This bible verse says it all. ‎"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you... Then you will look and be radiant, your heart will throb and swell with joy." (Isaiah 60:1-5) Thank you Lord!

Day 4: Well I've been sick all week and with that I would say I am thankful for my health. It is something so big we take for granted. I am thankful I am healthy, that I can walk, I can breath, I have working hands and legs and a working mind..I am thankful I have a healthy man and a healthy child. 

Day 5: My friends, I am thankful for my friends who have become my family. I am so blessed to have such amazing friends that are always there for me and accept me for who I am. 

Day 6: I am thankful for LAZY days, usually Sundays. The kinds of days you lay around the house in your jammies, do absolutely nothing and you overindulge.....like today! Happy Sunday...


Day 7: For my job and the freedom I have....at times it gets hard and chaotic but I am thankful I 
have one. I am thankful for my awesome boss who inspires me to think big.


Sissy
Day 8: Today I am thankful for my sweet baby Sissy. I adopted her 2 years ago right before Christmas. I remember tons of people wanted her...I prayed so hard I would get her and God answered my prayers. Although at times I might not show it, I love her so much!!   


Day 9: I am thankful for Jay and everything he does for our family. He truly is an amazing person, rough around the edges but amazing! He is such a hard working man. Brey and I are beyond spoiled! Thank you honey! "Im your girl and your my man."


Day 10: Today I am thankful for Needville. I am so thankful I grew up in such a great small town where everyone knows each other. Where corn and cotton grows and everywhere you drive you see an American flag hanging. Where all you have is Texas Burger/ Subway as fast food and if you need milk you can just run to Super S. I am so blessed to have an opportunity to raise Aubrey in the same town I call home. 


Day 11: Today I am thankful for everything God has given me. I feel so fortunate to have a house to live in, clothes to wear, food to eat, a car to drive, my health, a beautiful family....all the things so BIG and GREAT we take for granted. There is not one day that goes on that I don't look around me and give thanks to God.

Day 12: Thankful for my little sister Kathy...she is 9 yrs old and such a blessing in our lives. She is the best little sister and best auntie to Aubrey.


Day 13: So VERY thankful for my family, my brothers, sisters and my parents. They are the best 
part of me and don't know what in the world I would do without them.


Day 14: So thankful for CROCK POTS lol I mean come on you get to set it and forget it....tonight's menu meatloaf (in crock pot), mashed potatoes with gravy, steamed carrots and broccoli. I cannot 
wait to cook in it all winter and share all the recipes....  

2 comments:

  1. Aww such a lovely heartfelt post! Adoring your blog header - what a darling family you have :) Hope your thanksgiving is fantastic <3

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Thanks for joining The Girlie Blog. I'm following you back. So glad to be one of your followers and looking forward to more postings.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com
    http://www.geekettegazette.com

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...