Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How to make a: Turkey Shirt

So folks Thanksgiving is NEXT Thursday!!! OMG, I cannot believe it. 
I was inspired to make Aubrey a turkey shirt literally YESTERDAY! So I went to Jo-Anns and after searching for 30 minutes for an applique it downed on me, I CAN MAKE IT! So I took my happy butt home and searched for anything that I had to help me make the turkey shirt. Keep in mind I used what I had at home and mostly used the hot glue, I mean Aubrey is only going to wear this shirt once so if you dont have a sowing machine NO worries....I dont either!
WATCH & LEARN MY BLOGGER FRIENDS!



 I found: ribbon, scissors, measuring tape, lighter (for the ends of each ribbon), paper, onezie (shirt), sowing kit, glue gun, some bling and a brown wash cloth.


1-Draw a turkey and make sure its not too big or too small for your childs shirt and after perfection, cut it out.

2- Pin it to the fabric you have chosen to use as your turkey. In my case I used a BRAND NEW brown house hold wash cloth. After you have securely pinned it, carefully cut it out.

3. Choose about 7 different colors of ribbon. You are going to cute 2 of each color. I cut mine 6 inches long but I think it varies to how big your childs shirt is. After you cut them make sure to light each end so you wont have a big mess of ribbons. 

4- Hot glue them together first, take a look! I glued the right end on top of the left. Glue all ribbon first so you can neatly arrange them on your turkey after.

5. Find the back side of your turkey and start gluing your ribbon.

6. Turn it over and admire it!!! Haha ok now add whatever your little heart desires. I made a tiny bow and nose and for eyes we added some BLING.

7. Now place it on your shirt. Decide where you want it and glue it on the shirt BUT be careful don't over due the glue and make sure the shirt it self is not gluing all together. Now with your sowing kit sow the very edges of the turkey to the shirt just to extra secure it. 

WE DID IT!!!! Look how cute that is! I will be posting pics of Aubrey in it soon....

Happy Turkey Day!
Gobble Gobble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...