Saturday, June 9, 2012

Praying

So it's Saturday night and I am blogging, what?! Aubrey is peacefully sleeping in her room and well I am having a glass of wine after a long eventful day {all good events by the way}.

I just wanted to share a sweet moment that just happened tonight. So at around 7:30ish we start our night routine and its starts with giving Aubrey a bath. After that we read a bed time story while I rock her in her rocking chair. Then we head to the kitchen to get her a sippy cup of warm milk. While her milk is warming up we usually hold hands, bow our heads and pray.
 Well we have been praying every night like this for a few months consistently without missing a night. At first she was confused and would poke me, grab my face and yell "mom!" but as time went by she kinda got the hang of it.
Well tonight was no exception the routine was in action. As we were standing in the middle of the kitchen in front of the microwave she looked at me, grabbed my hand and mumbled something in some kind of baby language. At first I didn't understand what she was doing. My first reaction was to say "Umm what is it Aubrey? I don't understand". Finally I realized she was ready to pray. I cant even tell you how I felt at that very moment! All I could do is bow my head mumble a prayer while thanking God in my head.
This just gos to show how if we are consistent with our actions of faith our children will follow. 


As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 
Joshua 24:15


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...